Monday, May 26, 2014

2014 Season, week 3

May 24, 2014

This week's harvest:
"Cracoviensis" Lettuce
Swiss Chard
"Red Russian" Kale
Garlic Scapes (Pigtails)
"French Breakfast" Radishes
Purple Kohlrabi
Cilantro

This week's farm news:

My goodness, it was a busy week! I hardly know where to begin! Early in the week, we did a bunch of cultivation work in the gardens. On Wednesday and Thursday, we planted... a lot! We set out all of our sweet & hot peppers and eggplant. We planted watermelons, muskmelons, zucchini, and tons of buckwheat seed. We planted ginger. And sweet potatoes. And my, oh my, did we ever plant sweet potatoes! Nearly 2,500 row feet (that's about 1/2 mile!) of our favorite crop! I think Eric and I could feel the approaching storms in our bones 'cause we were working in overdrive. And then it rained, leaving all those plants so happy!

No comments: